Rhode Island Juvenile Defense Lawyers
Strong Legal Defense for Your Child in Kent County
Facing criminal charges is always a scary, difficult situation. But when the charges are brought against one of your children, it can be terrifying. If you have a child who has been accused of a crime, how can you protect your child and give them the best possible chance of escaping serious criminal penalties?
Mount a strong defense. Work with a team of lawyers you can trust to fight these charges aggressively and effectively. At Assalone Lombardi, LLC, we bring a combination of experience, teamwork, compassion, and aggressiveness that is unique in the legal community of Rhode Island. Whatever criminal charges your child is facing, our lawyers will work together to find the best solution to minimize the damage or get the case thrown out. We are a premier Rhode Island law firm with a track record of successful juvenile defense cases.
Call Assalone Lombardi, LLC today at (401) 589-5599 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our juvenile defense attorney in Rhode Island.
Types of Cases We Handle
Juvenile crime cases generally include the same types of crimes that would be brought against an adult, with some additional crimes that are based on the child’s age. Our team of attorneys handles all types of juvenile crime cases, including:
- Underage drinking
- Murder, assault, and other violent crimes
- Theft crimes
- Internet crimes
- Sex crimes
A single conviction for a serious crime could be a black mark on your child’s future. The stakes are too high to risk with an inexperienced lawyer. Work with our legal team. We have the experience, knowledge, and aggressive approach needed to defend your child successfully.
What is Truancy?
Although truancy is not generally considered a serious crime, there is a high likelihood that instances of juvenile truancy will increase in the aftermath of the COVID-19 quarantine, and it is likely that the authorities will take an aggressive approach to crack down on instances of truancy. Our lawyers will take an equally aggressive approach to defend your child against these charges.
What are the Penalties for Juvenile Crimes in Rhode Island?
Juvenile offenses can have serious consequences, impacting not only your child's present but also their future. Some potential penalties for juvenile crimes in Rhode Island:
- Juvenile Detention: A court may order a juvenile to a detention facility for a specified period, depending on the severity of the offense.
- Probation: Juvenile offenders could be placed on probation, requiring adherence to specific conditions set by the court, such as counseling or community service.
- Fines: Monetary penalties could be imposed on the juvenile or their family due to the offense committed.
- Counseling and Rehabilitation Programs: Courts may mandate participation in counseling or rehabilitation programs tailored to address the underlying issues contributing to the juvenile's behavior.
- Loss of Privileges: Juveniles may face restrictions on certain privileges, such as driving privileges or extracurricular activities.
- Record Consequences: Juvenile adjudication can impact their record, affecting educational and employment opportunities in the future.
Defenses Against Juvenile Crime Charges
Some common defenses against juvenile crimes may include:
- Lack of Evidence: We can scrutinize the evidence against your child, challenging its admissibility and reliability. If there is insufficient or unreliable evidence, we work diligently to have charges reduced or dismissed.
- Constitutional Violations: We can meticulously examine the circumstances of the arrest and investigation to identify any constitutional violations. If law enforcement overstepped their bounds or violated your child's rights, we use this to build a powerful defense.
- Age and Mental State: Juveniles are not held to the same legal standards as adults. We leverage age and mental state considerations to argue that your child may not fully comprehend the consequences of their actions, aiming for a more lenient resolution.
- Alternative Resolutions: We can explore alternative resolutions, such as diversion programs or community service, to provide your child with an opportunity for rehabilitation without the long-lasting consequences of formal adjudication.
Contact Our Juvenile Defense Attorney in Rhode Island Today
Schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer from our team. Call us at (401) 589-5599 or email us today. Our senior attorney, Veronica Assalone, is proficient in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and American Sign Language. Our office assistant speaks Spanish.
Contact Assalone Lombardi, LLC today to get started with our Rhode Island juvenile defense lawyer.
MILITARY DISCOUNT AVAILABLE.
A Sense of Belonging
We treat all of our clients with compassion, dignity, and respect. With our team approach, we really are all in this together and our clients experience the extraordinary difference and benefits of our unique approach to practicing law.
At most law firms, one lawyer will show up to represent you if your case goes to trial. With our team of lawyers, you get the entire team, as needed, for the cost of one lawyer. This provides excellent representation as well as a strong sense of support.
Because our attorneys each have unique backgrounds and skills, our team approach helps us make sure that every facet of your case is considered and covered. We also get to know you and your unique needs to build a case that meets your goals.
With most firms, one attorney will handle every aspect of your case, even the small things that could be handled much more efficiently by a junior lawyer or paralegal. We use the least expensive resources needed to get the job done and we pass these savings on to our clients.
I was new to Rhode Island and had no idea what to do
I would hire them again if ever needed.- Clay L.
I could not be happier.- George M.
I highly recommend Veronica and her team.- Joanelle D.
I could not have asked for better representation.- Kristen A.