The founding member of Assalone Lombardi Lawyers for Justice , Veronica Assalone is responsible for creating Rhode Island's largest all-female family law firm. Drawn to family law by a passion for helping others, Veronica zealously fights for her client's rights, empowering them and ensuring their voice is heard in and out of the courtroom. She is responsible for pioneering the vision of Assalone Lombardi Lawyers for Justice , compassionately and ethically representing a diverse class of clients from pro bono and reduced-fee cases to multi-million estates.
Veronica prioritizes communications, informing clients of their options throughout legal disputes and providing them with honest, empathetic support. She understands just how daunting it can be to confront a family law case. Employing a team approach, Veronica and the legal professionals at Assalone Lombardi Lawyers for Justice help clients find the best path forward in legal disputes by analyzing every case through a diverse array of legal perspectives.
Veronica currently focuses her practice on family law, criminal defense, and appellate law. Well-versed in business management and development, strategic planning, cost control and analysis, and team-building and leadership, she helps other legal professionals at Assalone Lombardi Lawyers for Justice recognize their full potential while working with clients in a wide range of practice areas.
An approachable, available lawyer, Veronica leverages her legal acumen and trial experience to ensure her clients work towards the ideal outcome for their cases in and out of court.
When she's not helping overseeing matters at Assalone Lombardi Lawyers for Justice or helping clients, Veronica enjoys spending time with her daughter and family.
Honors and Awards
- Avvo Clients Choice Award
- Top 100 Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- One of the Top Attorneys in Rhode Island, Rhode Island Monthly Magazine
- Professional Excellence in Law Award, Rhode Island Monthly Magazine
- Rhode Island Super Lawyers
Accolades and Defining Career Moments:
- Rhode Island Supreme Court: Briefed and participated in successfully arguing two of Rhode Island's leading Supreme Court Cases as it pertains to Defendants’ constitutional rights, Heath v. Vose, 747 A.2d 475 (R.I. 2000) and State v. Prefontaine, 667 A.2d 531 (R.I. 1995).
- American Inns of Court: Presently served on the Executive Board that received national recognition to the Rhode Island Edward P. Gallogly American Inn of Court. Received American Inns of Court highest award for excellence.
- Rhode Island Legal Education Foundation: Served eight years as a volunteer coach. Mentored middle and upper school children from Moses Brown School in preparation for state and national mock trial competitions. Received three national awards. Inspired students to pursue the practice of law.
- Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers: Served on the Executive Board. Served as Supervising Attorney for the Rhode Island Public Defenders Office before pursuing a career in private practice.
- Provided education to attorneys and civil rights training to the Rhode Island State Police Academy.
- Provides annual training and continuing legal education courses for the female members for the Family Bar of Rhode Island.