Divorce Mediation in Rhode Island
Resolving Divorce Disputes Amicably and Efficiently
At Assalone & Associates, LLC, we provide a range of solutions in all types of divorce-related matters for clients throughout Rhode Island. Every attorney at our firm is a certified family law mediator. Founding attorney Veronica Assalone has more than 27 years of legal experience handling mediation in divorce proceedings. Our entire team understands first-hand that mediation is often the best way to resolve divorce disputes.
The Benefits of Mediation
Mediation carries numerous benefits to everyone involved, including:
- A more amicable process: Mediation is the very best opportunity for divorcing parties to avoid the monumental emotional cost of a contested divorce.
- More efficient: In most cases, divorces can be obtained more quickly through mediation by bypassing the lengthy wait times for busy courts.
- More cost-effective: Divorce mediation is without a doubt the most affordable route for divorcing parties. Mediation can virtually save thousands of dollars by ensuring a satisfactory and realistic plan for the future. With mediation, the parties may share the expense of one mediator who has extensive legal experience while paying less than the average divorce attorney’s billable hour.
- Best possible outcome: Divorce mediation can serve to assist parties in creating the best agreement specifically for them.
- More control over the process: Mediation serves to empower divorcing parties to be the architect of their own divorce and to create the blueprint for their future without having strangers decide what is right for them.
- More private: Mediation assists divorcing parties in resolving their matter privately with integrity and a focus on the parties’ needs, while effectively avoiding possible intervention by the court, judges or lawyers.
Mediation offers the best approach for divorcing or separated couples to develop a parenting plan that is best for them and their family. Instead of the cookie-cutter approach that might be employed by the court, it is an individual plan that considers how both parents’ interests and the best interests of children can be achieved. In custody cases where children are involved, mediation can empower both parents toward cooperation that is future-focused and task-oriented for the best interest of their children.
We set ourselves apart from many other mediators in several ways. First, all of our attorneys are certified and trained mediators in the state of Rhode Island. Not all mediators possess the required training and certifications to hold themselves out as a certified Rhode Island Family Mediator. Our team approach to our cases maximizes Veronica Assalone’s more than 20 years of legal experience.
Compassionate and Aggressive
We are deeply compassionate with our clients, and we do everything we can to handle divorce matters through the mediation process whenever possible.
However, there are times when the other party will not work within the mediation process and we have no choice but to handle the divorce in the court. When that happens, we are bulldogs in the courtroom who will fight for every advantage for you.
Contact Assalone & Associates
Our senior attorney, Veronica Assalone, is proficient in Spanish, French, German, Italian and American Sign Language. Our office assistant speaks Spanish.
MILITARY DISCOUNT AVAILABLE.
A Sense of Belonging
We treat all of our clients with compassion, dignity, and respect. With our team approach, we really are all in this together and our clients experience the extraordinary difference and benefits of our unique approach to practicing law.
At most law firms, one lawyer will show up to represent you if your case goes to trial. With our team of lawyers, you get the entire team, as needed, for the cost of one lawyer. This provides excellent representation as well as a strong sense of support.
Because our attorneys each have unique backgrounds and skills, our team approach helps us make sure that every facet of your case is considered and covered. We also get to know you and your unique needs to build a case that meets your goals.
With most firms, one attorney will handle every aspect of your case, even the small things that could be handled much more efficiently by a junior lawyer or paralegal. We use the least expensive resources needed to get the job done and we pass these savings on to our clients.
Victoria worked hard to get even better results than I imagined.- Beth S.
I cannot thank Attorney Victoria Lombardi enough for representing my sister and for helping her through a very difficult situation.- Stephani I.
Smart, strong, confident and compassionate, Veronica Assalone is skillful and experienced.- Sarah S.
Veronica Assalone is the best!- Kristen Flint
An absolutely fantastic firm that delivers amazing results!- William Sullivan