Stephanie Diorio, Esq.
- Family Law
Stephanie Diorio, Esq.
Attorney Stephanie Diorio brings more than 25 years of legal experience to Assalone & Associates, Inc., having spent over 20 years as a paralegal before she became an attorney. Her passion for family law, coupled with decades of experience, empowers her to quickly identify issues facing her clients, and swiftly address them with an arsenal of dispute resolution strategies.
Attorney Diorio graduated magna cum laude, with a degree in Political Science and Global Studies from Arizona State University. As an undergraduate, she was privileged to intern with Rhode Island Supreme Court Justice William P. Robinson, III. She went on to earn her Juris Doctor cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law.
While a student at RWU Law, Attorney Diorio was a member of the Moot Court Team and the Honor Board. She was a summer law clerk for Rhode Island Family Court. She was selected to participate in the Tenant Stabilization Project, a joint undertaking between Harvard Law School and the Rhode Island Center for Justice. In her final year, she completed a yearlong internship as a certified student attorney with Rhode Island Legal Services, Inc., where she represented indigent clients facing DCYF allegations of child abuse or neglect.
Attorney Diorio received several awards for both academics and legal skills, including the National CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing, and the Kathleen M. Birt Memorial Dispute Resolution Award for distinguished performance in dispute resolution courses. She received the award for "Top Investigator" when she competed in the University of Connecticut School of Law Corridor Negotiation Competition. She also represented RWU Law in the 69th Annual New York City Bar National Moot Court Competition. At graduation, Attorney Diorio was recognized for providing over 100 hours of pro bono legal work to the community. She is also a certified mediator in the State of Rhode Island.
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: cum laude
- Arizona State University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Global Studies
- Internship with Rhode Island Supreme Court Justice William P. Robinson, III, Intern
- Rhode Island Family Court Associate Justice Karen Lynch Bernard, Law Clerk
- Internship with Rhode Island Legal Services, Inc., Certified Student Attorney
- National CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing
- Kathleen M. Birt Memorial Dispute Resolution Award for distinguished performance in dispute resolution courses
- Award for “Top Investigator” from the University of Connecticut School of Law Corridor Negotiation Competition
- Over 100 hours of pro-bono legal work at the time of graduation from Roger Williams University
- Certified Mediator for Rhode Island
Current Employment position
- Special Counsel / Law Clerk